Columbus Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object Name Postcard
Title Roman Catholic Church
Artist Souvenir Post Card Company
Date 1907
Medium commercially printed paper
Dimensions H-3.5 W-5.375 inches
Signature "Souvenir Post Card Co., New York"
Signature Location verso, left edge
Makers inscription on back, note to Miss Kate Stewart, New Orleans, La; on back postmark "Columbus Ga Aug 29, 1907 7 p.m."
Provenance Mrs. J.E. Chapman
Credit line Gift of Mrs. J.E. Chapman
Accession Number G.1964.396.2
On view: no
Label information The church was incorporated in 1831. It was built at its current location, 320 Twelfth Street in Columbus, in 1835. The church was designed by Daniel Foley from Dublin, Ireland. It is the only downtown church with a grave onsite, that of Reverend Michael Cullinan.
Search Terms
Churches
Uptown
Downtown
Catholicism
Postcard
Subjects Religion
Landscape
Architecture
Communications